Corporate Social Responsibility
This Corporate Social Responsibility, or CSR, is demonstrating Delphy’s responsibility, in case we are bidding for major contracts. Delphy wants to do the right thing. Our CSR can be understood as a process that integrates social and environmental concerns in business operations and in our interactions with our stakeholders.
For more information about Delphy’s work see DE Delphy. This magazine contains a summary of Delphy’s activities and how they contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Delphy rents most of its locations and (office)rooms. Lease contracts are assessed on sustainability. We ask for the energy label and we conduct installation approvals, which weigh along when entering into lease contracts.
- A healthy working environment (accessibility, climate in the building, location) is part of the considerations. Energy, compliance with legislation, a healthy work environment and innovations are fixed points in the tenant consultation. The same criteria are applied at Delphy’s own location.
- RI&E is available from any location. Where necessary, action is taken to comply with the RI&E criteria.
- Delphy stimulates the use of electric leasing vehicles. The intention is to have a fleet of 50% electric / hybrid cars . There is a bicycle plan to encourage employees to go to work on the bike.
- Almost every Delphy employee has a home workplace, so no unnecessary living traffic is taking place. Using a home workplace is encouraged by providing, among other things, an appropriate remuneration.
- Delphy has the ambition to buy 10% of the flights with CO2 emission-neutal.
- Delphy has its own employment policy aimed at trust, responsibility and freedom. Recently, a risk inventory and evaluation has been conducted aimed at hygiene and work-friendly workplaces.
- Every five years, employees are offered a health check. The purpose of this is to promote awareness of the importance of good health.
- We have a sustainable purchasing policy.
- We pursue an active policy to discourage printing on paper. The ICT facilities are optimally designed for working digitally.
Due diligence research
At the start of projects we check the assumptions of project terms and partners in the areas of:
- Human rights
- Work availability
- Consumer interests
Responsibility for the execution of the CSR policy
At Delphy, CSR policy is highly respected. With all staff services, our purchasing policy is used, which ensures decisive sustainability of proposals. The staff personnel are responsible for implementing the CSR policy. Any complaints may be found within the staff services, and will be reported directly to the Director.
National Contact Point (NCP)
Delphy is not listed in the NCP list.
Transparency about our CSR performance
Our CSR document can be read on our intranet and internet. Also is it active, through email, spread amongst our employees.
Human resources policy plan
The biggest capital of Delphy are the employees. The terms of employment are determined with the utmost care. Delphy has its own Working terms and conditions. This is determined annually in consultation with the Works Council (compiled on the basis of staffing reflection). Our policy is to give preference to the dedication of our own, (contracted by Delphy) local employees. Delphy applies Dutch expertise locally. Delphy follows local legislation on salaries and other terms of employment.
Prevention of child labour
Delphy exclusively works with people on pay-roll (with a signed agreement). These have been checked and meet the requirements Delphy proposes to employees. In conjunction with other companies, the prerequisite is that these companies must at least comply with local legislation. Delphy has as procurement policy that, with equal eligibility, it is preferable to cooperate with companies with CSR policies.
Prevention of forced labour
In conjunction with other companies, the prerequisite for these companies to comply with local legislation is Delphy’s procurement policy that, with equal eligibility, it is preferable to collaborate with companies with available CSR policies.
Policy to avoid unequal treatment and/or discrimination of employees
With equal performance, Delphy applies an equal salary level. Delphy has sex-neutral, age-neutral and origin-neutral approach. We aim to build our staff in a reflection of society.
Connecting with unions and collective bargaining with the employer
Delphy has a democratically elected Works Council whose composition is a reflection of the workforce. Delphy encourages participation and membership of unions. The membership of a this union is partially financed by Delphy.
Good working conditions and terms for female employees
Our working conditions apply to every employee and are sexually neutral. Delphy has an internal guideline “Preventing inappropriate/undesirable behavior”. An internal confidential counselor has also been appointed.
Public black lists
Delphy is not named as an involved party in regard to on one of the public black lists of: The World Bank, the African Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank or the EIB.
Regulations for employees in which the bribery of government employees is expressly prohibited
These rules are included in our terms of employment.
Policy regarding cartel law
Delphy follows Dutch legislation. Moreover, Delphy’s market share is such that there is no reason for cartel formation.
Our local entities are audited annually by accountants. Delphy receives a valid statement annually. Annual Local Audit Controls indicate that we meet our obligations.
Intellectual property rights and the patents of others
We are members of various industry organizations that support and protect companies in dealing with intellectual property and patents of their members.