Bleiswijk, the Netherlands
In order to further extend our business activities and to provide the best services to our customers we want to scale up and expand our team in the Netherlands, Bleiswijk.
We are involved in developing and executing modern greenhouse projects in Asia and we support/realize high yields in advanced greenhouse production systems on areas varying from 2 to 20 ha.
You contribute in setting up and/or improving the production operations of our customers. Your professional advice targets production levels like cultivation, climate control, crop protection, irrigation, fertigation to improve overall production performance. From our office in Bleiswijk you use online tools on a day-to-day base to provide expertise, constructive feedback and recommendations in production of greenhouse vegetables, like tomatoes, capsicum and cucumbers. Needless to say, visits to these international projects to provide on-site production support and (on-the-job) trainings are a must.
It comes naturally that you support others in gaining horticultural know-how to bring them to the next level. Besides this you will contribute in design and implementation of international high-tech horticultural projects.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Remotely cultivation support on a day-to-day base in new, innovative and sustainable agricultural projects
- Trouble-shooting issues in an international horticultural production setting
- Travelling to our customers for on-site production support
- Providing theoretical and practical trainings (in the Netherlands and abroad)
- Contribute in the design and execution phase of new greenhouse projects
- Reporting on progress and results of projects
- Agro-sector related BSc-degree and knowledge of the international Agro-sector
- Knowledge of large scale commercial plant cultivation (high-wire vegetables)
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, social and communicative personality
- Capable to act in a fast-changing, challenging environment, meet dead-lines and targets
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Capable and willing to travel to countries in Asia
- Several years of (practical) work experience in the agro-sector
- Full-time employee
- Computer literate
- In possession of Car Driving license
If you have questions you can contact Gerjo Engbers:
email@example.com or +31 (0)6 10 05 09 91.
Interested in the position? Please send your CV and motivation letter to:
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement is not appreciated.