Vacancies Delphy, Crop managers & Greenhouse Growers
For Vegetables Crops: tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce
Location: Russia, former CIS Republics and Asia
Delphy is a leading, independent advisory, training and research partner for the horticultural sectors, both in the Netherlands and internationally. Delphy creates added value for its clients by continuously marketing innovative and state-of-the-art services and products. The services offered range from cultivation advice to matchmaking and turn key projects. Delphy has over 200 knowledge driven consultants working world-wide, with offices in Africa, Latin America, Europe and Asia, and has a strong network within the agricultural, horticultural and affiliated sectors.
In Russia, former CIS Republics and China Delphy has several projects for which experienced growers are needed on a full time base. This implies that the grower lives near the greenhouse, and will be able to visit the Netherlands on a regular base.
Crops and greenhouse
We are looking for growers with experience in Tomatoes, Cucumber and Lettuce & Herbs, and sometimes a combination of these 3 vegetables. The size of the greenhouses ranges from 5 to 20 ha. The greenhouses are newly build, with advanced technical installation and some with high intensity assimilation light.
As Greenhouse Manager your responsibilities are to realise good crop results, both in quantity and quality. You will manage the local team and fulfil all necessary tasks to achieve the best crop results possible. You will work closely together with the vegetable experts of Delphy.
• Experience in growing in advanced greenhouses
• Preferably experience in the countries mentioned above
• Proven track record
• Good cross cultural manager
• Ability to communicate on different levels within the organisation
• Trustworthy personality
• Fluency in English
• Basic knowledge of the Russian language is a preference
• Willingness to live in the mentioned areas.
• Capacity to work ‘across borders’ and adept to other cultures
Delphy offers a challenging and independent position within a large international network of horticulture specialists. The position offers an independent job position, support from the best consultants and the possibility to create a project from scratch. For more information about Delphy, please visit www.delphy.nl.
The positions are fulltime, initially for one year, with the intention to extend. For questions about this position, please contact:
- Arnoud van Boven, Deputy Director and responsible for International Projects within Delphy, at +31 (0)6 26552653, email@example.com
- Aad van den Berg, Managing Director of Delphy, at +31 (0)6 41900575, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply for the position by sending your CV and application letter to email@example.com.