Delphy stands for Worldwide Expertise for Food & Flowers. With more than 250 experts in-house consultants and researchers it is the world’s largest commercial service provider in the horticultural and agricultural sector. Development and implementation of cultivation knowledge is Delphy’s core business. Our experts contribute to improving the results of clients with knowledgeable and independent research, consultancy and education. Using state-of-the-art research facilities, sensing and crop modelling, the Delphy Team Vertical Farming aims to be leading in the development and implementation of Vertical Farming cultivation knowledge.
Researcher Vertical Farming
The Vertical Farming research takes place at the Delphy Improvement Centre in Bleiswijk, The Netherlands. In the commercial-scale oriented research modules that are currently under construction and in fytotrons, cultivation knowledge is developed that is focused on direct application in commercial Vertical Farms. The research focuses on answering concrete questions of clients or serves to broaden Delphy’s own knowledge base. In both cases the aim of the research is to optimize the dynamic cultivation processes taking place in Vertical Farms, e.g. by digital monitoring and the application of crop management models, where the emphasis lies on the interaction between plant and technology.
As a Researcher Vertical Farming you will apply your knowledge to set up and implement research projects that are innovative and directional. Working independently but also as a team player, you are the link between clients, fellow researchers and cultivation specialists. You translate your expertise and research results into applicable knowledge for clients, growers, entrepreneurs and colleagues. You work at the interface of research and application in practice.
What we offer
- A challenging and diverse position where you work with the latest developments
- The opportunity to develop Vertical Farming crop cultivation and implement it internationally
- The opportunity to let your knowledge contribute to more sustainable food production systems
- A very high degree of independence and responsibility, but also the security of a team of colleagues from whom you can learn a lot
- Knowledge development is important to Delphy. You will be given broad opportunities for your personal development
- Excellent terms of employment; located in Bleiswijk, The Netherlands
Are you the talent that
- Is motivated and eager to learn, and has an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Has good communication and social skills;
- Has a MSc-degree (research) in a related subject or has obtained this level through experience;
- Has knowledge of plant physiology, crop cultivation practices and preferably thermodynamics;
- Has some work experience in a similar research position;
- Has full working proficiency in English (Dutch is beneficial)
Do you have a specific question regarding this position?
Mail to Lisanne Meulendijks, Specialist Vertical Farming: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested and do you want to apply?
Send your CV and motivation letter to Irma Bellekom: email@example.com