Who is Delphy
With more than 250 cultivation experts, Delphy is the knowledge company for entrepreneurs in all plant related sectors. Developing cultivation knowledge and making it applicable is our DNA and is therefore the main activity of Delphy. Our experts contribute with expertise and independent research, advice and education to improving the cultivation results of the entrepreneur.
Using state-of-the-art research facilities, sensors, crop modelling and digitalization, the Delphy Team Vertical Farming aims to be a guiding principle in the development and implementation of cultivation knowledge for Vertical Farming.
We are expanding our team and we are looking for a enthousiastic and independent:
Business Developer Vertical Farming
The development of cultivation knowledge for Vertical Farming takes place at Delphy Improvement Centre in Bleiswijk. In practice-oriented research modules and climate chambers, the cultivation knowledge is developed that is directly applicable in commercial Vertical Farms and contributes to the return of entrepreneurs in Vertical Farming. The application of knowledge and digital tools focuses on optimizing the dynamic cultivation processes in Vertical Farms through digital monitoring and application of crop and management models, with an emphasis on the interaction between plants and applied technology.
What are you going to do
As the Business Developer Vertical Farming you will build on Delphy’s unique position as an independent knowledge provider in Vertical Farming globally. You enter into new relationships and maintain the relationship with the current clients and partners. You use your knowledge and the cultivation knowledge developed by Delphy together with innovative management systems to realize crop optimization and yield improvement at clients. You act independently and as a team member also, being the linchpin between clients, fellow researchers and fellow cultivation specialists. You will work at the intersection of research and application in practice.
- A challenging and versatile position where you work with the latest technologies and developments;
- The challenge to implement Vertical Farming and make it internationally applicable;
- The opportunity to contribute your knowledge to sustainable international solutions in food production;
- A high level of independence and responsibility, but a team of colleagues from whom you can learn a lot too;
- Knowledge development is important for Delphy, so you get all the opportunities for your personal development;
- Excellent employment conditions with Bleiswijk as work station.
Are you the talent that
- Is motivated, eager to learn and who is enterprising;
- Who dispose good communication and social skills;
- With university degree or has acquired this level through experience;
- Has knowledge of plant physiology, the cultivation process and preferably thermodynamics;
- Have some work experience in a similar position;
- Have a good command of the English language (Dutch is an advantage).
Information and applying
Do you have a specific question about this position?
Mail to Aad van den Berg, Manager Team Vertical Farming: email@example.com.
Is your interest aroused and do you want to apply? Send your CV with motivation letter to:
Irma Bellekom: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition with references to this job advert is not appreciated.