Due to corona, this training has been cancelled. We are looking for possibilities to offer this training as an online training.
For more information, please contact us by mail.
With the increasing world population the production of food is becoming more and more important world wide. Production in a sustainable way with a high production of food with also a good quality is important. In this unique and practial three day training we will provide you with the latest insights about all plant processes, climate, irrigation, fertilization, etc. to achieve an higher production level of your crop. You will also learn how to control pests and diseases in a biological way.
The focus is on the cultivation of tomato, cucumber and pepper.
The theoretical parts are combined with practical asignments and field trips. In this way you will gain handles to apply what you have learned in your own situation back home.
The training is a must for everyone working in a greenhouse.
|During:||3 consecutive days from 9am-5pm|
|Course date:||15, 16 and 17 July 2020|
|Location:||Delphy Improvement Centre Bleiswijk|
|Investment:||€ 2.250,- excluding VAT|
Course Program (changes may occur for organisational reasons)
Day 1: General introduction, plantphysiology and climate
- Introduction of program, participants and Delphy.
- Overview greenhouse sector worldwide and the Netherlands, status quo, trends and developments.
- Plant physiology and optimizing photosynthesis. All processes in plant: Photosynthesis, respiration, transpiration, etc. and their relations for optimization of production.
- Generative/vegetative, LAI.
- Field visit to the trials at Delphy Improvement Centre.Greenhouse climate, including the Mollier diagram. Influence of climate setting on plantdevelopment, production and quality
Day 2: Irrigation, fertigation, Next generation growing
- Irrigation general introduction.
- How does the plant take up water and fertilizer. Relation with humidity, temperature and radiation.
- Irrigation and fertigation strategy.
- How to apply, function, problems specific, calculation.
- High tech greenhouse installations: screening, artificial light use.
- Field visit to a seed company.
Day 3: propagation, pest & diseases, labour
- Field visit to a package station.
- Hightech crops need perfect plantmaterial, propagation has big influence for final result.
- Pests & Diseases.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to control pests by monitoring and using benificial insects that eat or parasitize target pests. The use of chemicals is reduced to a minimum level only for support of biological control.
- Labour management.
Please send an e-mail to: email@example.com