ONLINE TRAINING – START JANUARY 2024.
Green-fingers are not genetically determined but available for everyone
What do you learn?
Cultivation in greenhouses is a combination of green-fingers and hightech. To use the technology efficiently, knowledge of plant processes is required. By the correct interpretation of the plant condition, the optimal decisions can be made in climate and water strategy.
During the online training, the individual plant processes will be explained and translated into actions. The training is interactive, in small groups with exercises and discussions everyone is being challenged to practice the theory. After the training every participant will receive a certificate of participation.
What is being achieved?
- Participants know the 10 concepts (see picture) and how to place them in context;
- Know the 3 plant processes and how to optimize these processes;
- Relations between greenhouse climate factors and their effect on yield and quality;
- The participant understands how the plant uses the water and nutrients.
Content of lessons
- Industrial cultivation in protected circumstances like greenhouses 3 plant processes photosynthesis, respiration, transpiration
- CO2; Sink/Source Assimilates
- LAI; relation yield and quality. What is optimal; how to influence
- Greenhouse climate introduction
- Climate focus on humidity
- Light; sunlight and artificial light; screen use
- Watersupply in relation to plantgrowth
- Fertigation: Macro and micro elements; pH; EC; effect in cultivation
|Target audience:||Working position in horticultural industry|
|Requirements:||Good level of English language|
|Lectures:||8 online lectures of 1,5 hour|
|Planning 2024:||January 11th, 18th, 25th
February 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
|Time:||15:30 – 17:00 hour (CET-GMT+1)|
|Investment:||€885,- excluding VAT and administration costs|
Information or registration
For registration or more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is possible to customize this training. Options are on location or in Dutch.